Velocity production optimization
About VeloCity Resita
VeloCity Resita was founded in 2008 as a result of the conclusion of a long-term collaboration contract for the production of bicycles and subassemblies with one of the biggest players on the European sporting goods market.
Ebosul Nou warehouse, where the entire activity is carried out, was renovated in 2005, being the first modernized warehouse in the Mociur - Resita Industrial Park, according to European standards. Designed to assemble vehicles, the hall meets all the technical characteristics appropriate to the assembly and production of large series bicycles.
5.4 million Euros have been invested so far for the infrastructure and technology of the bicycle factory: VeloCity is the largest national bicycle manufacturer and one of the largest in Europe. At VeloCity 310 employees operate and the factory has a production capacity of 400,000 units per year.
Client’s need and RBC specialists’ solution
The main goal of WMS implementation by RBC specialists was inventory accuracy, to be able to control and plan production properly. Subsequently, tracking solutions were implemented on the production lines in order to trace the final component. Finally, the whole system was optimized from reception to final delivery, obviously through the production process.
The WMS system has been implemented in several steps. In the first phase, the storage solution for the raw and finite deposits was implemented. The second step followed - the traceability and tracking module were implemented - and finally the management and production planning.
The system implemented by RBC tracked the characteristics of Velocity Resita warehouses:
- 5000 storage locations for raw materials;
- 570 locations on finished materials;
- 3 loading and unloading ramps and 3 production lines.
The volume of pallets is:
- Average 100/220 (Input / Output)
- Maxim 353/641 (in / out)
More specifically, the implemented solutions were:
- Component Traceability Module in the Production Area
- Management and production planning
- Correct stock rotation
- Special Labeling of Finished Components
- Definition of storage locations based on the definition of storage areas and the association with the products, taking into account the nature of the products and different types of pallet
- Manufacturing production receipts
- Online module of managing production lines, in different areas of the line
The results achieved were as expected: delivery accuracy reached 99.9%; now there is a total traceability on the basic components; supplying production lines is done without delays; delivery of final orders is done on time, and integrating and managing quality control in WMS brings benefits every day.